About this project
anmesia – is a service for creation of self-destructable end-to-end encrypted notes. It may be handy if you want to send somebody sensitive information, but your communication channel may be tapped.
How to use it
- Enter your note text.
- If required, select additional options by clicking «show more options».
- Click «Encrypt & get link».
- Send this link to the one, you want to read your message
- Once the message is read, it will be terminated immediately.* Nobody will be able to read it, even the one, who opened link.
* –messages also terminated after specified storage time, if they didn't read.
How safe is this service?
When creating a message, it is encrypted inside the browser, by a random or a user-selected key. The encrypted message and its settings (the storage time, the need for warning) are transmitted to the server. If the user chose to generate a password, it is embedded in the link itself after the # symbol. The peculiarity of such links is that only a fraction before the # is transmitted to the server, so the password remains always in the browser. The only way to compromise the text of the message is to use the keylogger, so regularly check your system for malicious software to be safe.
I have an idea...
If you have something to say about our service, write to us. You can find contacts on the Feedback page.